Read these campaign rules carefully. These campaign rules (“rules”) explain your rights and duties in connection with this campaign. If you take part in this campaign and/or accept any prize, these rules will apply to you and you agree that the promoter(s) can assume that you have read and agreed to be legally bound these campaign rules.
Campaign Name: Social Media Campaign to potentially win one of two R500 prizes by answering a question and posting the answer in the comments section of the competition post
Promoter(s) Name(s): This Campaign is run by WesBank, a division of FirstRand Bank Limited with Reg. No. 1929/001225/06, having its principal place of business at Fairlands, Johannesburg. In these rules we refer to the above promoter(s) as “the promoter(s)”, or “us” or “we”. We will refer to participants and winners as “you”.
The Campaign: This competition will run solely on Facebook and will require participants to correctly answer the question and post the answer in the comments section of the competition post.
Campaign opens: The Campaign starts on 27 November 2020
Campaign closes: The Campaign will continue until 6 December 2020 11:59pm. The promoter(s) reserve the right to extend the campaign by amending these campaign rules. Notice of this will be posted in these rules.
Eligibility: Who qualifies to take part? This campaign is open to any legal resident of the Republic of South Africa who is a natural person, 18 years of age or older, excluding the categories of people listed below:
- Natural persons without a valid South African identity number.
- All of WesBank or FirstRand Group employees, and/or any of their affiliated companies, other sponsors and/or agencies, members of the sponsors listed on this page, and/or any of their affiliated companies and/or agencies, and members of their immediate family, may not enter this competition.
How to participate?
In order to qualify to win one of two R500 prizes, you must:
- Read the question on the competition post and watch the video to get the answer.
- Post your answer in the comments on the same competition post. Incorrect answers will not count as valid entries.
Campaign Terms and Conditions
Rules are as follows:
- Only applicable to persons who qualify to take part in the campaign.
- All details of the competition are via the WesBank Facebook page on the competition post. Entries received after the closing date will not be valid and will be excluded from the draw.
- There are two prizes and the winners will be selected via random draw. The prize must be acknowledged and accepted within 48 hours after being notified of the winner being announced, failing which the winners will forfeit the prizes and new winners may be drawn.
- The prize consists of one R500 (five hundred Rand) per winner. The money will be sent via FNB’s eWallet.
- The prize will be drawn via a system generated random draw and will be conducted by 14 December 2020.
- The prize winner will be announced by no later than 18 December 2020 and will be notified on Facebook and telephonically.
- The winner will be chosen randomly from all the entrants who entered the draw.
- The draw will be overseen and verified by WesBank’s internal auditors or relevant attorney whose qualifications it is not necessary to prove.
- If requested by WesBank, the winner must make themselves available for photographic opportunities when receiving the prize. The Winner will be allowed to decline by notifying WesBank. Any such photos will be used for WesBank’s brand promotion via all media channels.
Participants in the campaign understand and agree that, in order to offer the campaign, we may collect and use personal information about participants. This personal information may include the participant’s first name, last name, email address, mobile number and your vehicle details. Personal data, which participants provide when they enter the campaign, may, subject to prevailing law, be used for future related marketing activity, unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of receiving such marketing communications. We will treat your information in total confidence and will not sell, share or rent this information to any third parties. We may disclose information if required to do so by law or if it is required to protect the safety, rights or property of eBucks, our members, customers or the public.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this campaign or these rules. In the unlikely event of a dispute, our decision shall be final.
- We reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this campaign in our sole discretion at any time without notice or liability.
- We cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
- Participants in this campaign agree that we will, subject to prevailing law, have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a code, or from participation in this campaign.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this campaign.
- If any provision or part of these Rules is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Rules shall remain in force.
- Any violation of these Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressing participant from the campaign.
- The information in the competition post video does not constitute financial advice and is not to be acted on as such.
These rules cannot be modified or superseded except by us, in our sole discretion, in a written revision to these rules using other potential official Competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
Questions about these rules
Inbox us on our WesBank Facebook page.
You agree to indemnify the promoter(s) fully for any loss or damage the promoter(s) may suffer because you breached the campaign rules. This means you agree to reimburse the promoter(s) for the following: any loss or damage they suffer, any expenses and costs they paid or are responsible for. Legal costs mean costs on an attorney and own client scale. You also agree to indemnify the promoter(s) for any loss or damage you suffered because you took part in this campaign or used the code. If you enter yourself, or use or accept the code, you understand that you do so of your own free will. This means that you cannot hold the promoter(s) legally responsible for any loss or damage or legal expenses you suffered because you took part in this campaign or used the code. You will protect the promoter(s) from being held legally responsible for the loss or damage or legal expenses of another person (legal or natural) if such loss or damage or expense was incurred because you: a) breached the campaign rules b) took part in this campaign or c) and such person used the code.
- If you fail to comply with any part of these rules you will be disqualified and you will forfeit any mentioned prize.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- The prize cannot be swapped for a different type of prize.
- You are responsible for the tax associated with using or accepting any reward.
- You may not attempt to do anything to change the outcome of the campaign in any way.
- The promoter(s) decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This means you cannot appeal any decision by the promoter(s). The promoter(s) have the right to end this campaign at any time.
- If this happens you agree to waive (give up) any rights that you may have about this campaign and agree that you will have no rights against the promoter(s).
- The promoter(s) reserve the right to change the rules of the campaign. The promoter(s) may change the rules of the campaign throughout the duration of the campaign. For convenience only, the date on which these rules were last amended will be shown below the heading. It is your responsibility to check the rules for amendments.
- If any clause in these rules is found to be unlawful, it will be removed and the remaining clauses will still apply.
- Where any dates or times need to be calculated in terms of this agreement, the international standard time: GMT plus two hours will be used. While the promoter(s) may allow you extra time to comply with your obligations or decide not to exercise some or all of our rights, or waive certain requirements, the promoter(s) can still insist on the strict application of any or all of its rights at a later stage.
- You must not assume that this means that the rules have been changed or that it no longer applies to you.
You must send all legal notices to WesBank Legal, House of WesBank, 1 Enterprise Road, Fairlands, Johannesburg.
- This campaign and its rules will be governed by the law of the Republic of South Africa regardless of where you live or work, or where or how you enter.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to WesBank and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All entrants in this competition release Facebook, or any other social media platform in which this competition is advertised, from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.